3M is seeking an experienced Application Engineering Specialist for the 3M™ Scotchlite™ Reflective Materials Business located in Maplewood,MN.At 3M,you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here,you go.
The person hired for the position of Application Engineering Specialist will support and grow Scotchlite Reflective Materials (SRM) with a focus on the Fire Resistant (FR) products and markets including firefighting and industrial applications where FR high visibility clothing is needed.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private,public,government or military environments to a 3M career.
Primary Responsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to the following:
- Contribute to new product development teams through Application Engineering activities such as identification of customer needs,substantiation of claims,writing of user instructions,and development/implementation of effective new product launch technical and training materials.
- Conduct converter/garment manufacturer/specifier/end user training and education,deliver industry presentations and create materials on the importance of and science related to high visibility reflective materials.
- Promote safety best practices related to high visibility garments,combined with world class reflective material product knowledge and application through collaboration with and leadership of global colleagues.
- Advance the science,use and understanding of high visibility reflective materials through research and scientific principles.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a bachelor's degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a private,public,government or military environment,in or more of the following areas: application of a product at customer locations (e.g.roll goods),delivery of technical hands-on training,applied research,standards development,and/or EHS
- Master's degree in a science or engineering discipline,or related field from an accredited university.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in a private,public,government or military environment,in or more of the following areas: application of a product at customer locations (e.g.roll goods),delivery of technical hands-on training,applied research,standards development,and/or EHS
- Experience in firefighting or the fire market.
- Experience in worker health or safety.
- Experience in scientific research relating to applied health or safety.
- Strong interpersonal skills and very proficient at oral and written communications.
- Customer-focused self-starter who can effectively work in a fast-paced environment,with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Fluent in Spanish and/or French
Relocation Benefits:Not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g.,H1B status).
Mid-level industry position